Saturday, 4 October 2008

The End is Nigh

20 Days

In 20 days, I will be free.

No more assignments. No more thesis. No more uni.

That fateful day... Friday 24th October at 4pm. My six-year university career will officially come to an end.

The coming three weeks will be extremely hard. As usual, I wish I could just skip the hard part and get to the end already. But just like Adam Sandler's character in the movie Click (2006), I realise you cannot afford to miss out on the process to get to the "good bits" because that is what makes the journey worthwhile. The hard work, the pain, the frustrations... Still... I can't wait to finish.

Every so often, a familiar sense of fear and anxiety creeps up. But instead of indulging in the fear, I acknowledge its existence and that it will pass. Then I turn my attention on how I have managed to survive the last six years working under high pressure and tight deadlines. At this crucial time, I need to believe that I can do it.

Believe baby. Believe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go for Gold Amy!
Good luck with your thesis.
Now stop procrastinating on your blog and start typing up what you need to type up.